Multi-Currency e-Pay (or MCEP), is a one-stop investment payment service that allows you to pay for SGD, HKD and USD denominated stocks through a single platform - KE Trade Online. Eliminate the need for foreign currency conversion when you link your KE Trade account to a Maybank account that holds the same currency your stock is denominated in. Furthermore, get speedier payouts with no hidden costs or service charges to maximise your potential yield and make the most of trading opportunities.
- One Efficient Platform
With this convenient and seamless service on KE Trade Online, there will no longer be a need to log into a separate internet banking account to pay for stocks. In addition, sales proceeds will be credited to your designated Maybank accounts right on due date, which translates to quicker access to funds.
- Eliminate the Need for Foreign Currency Conversion
Your KE Trade Online account will be linked to a Maybank account which holds the currency that your stock is denominated in. This allows you to tap directly on the account when you pay and thus eliminates the need for foreign currency conversion which may impact your yield.
- No Hidden Costs or Service Charges
Unlike other modes of foreign currency payment like Telegraphic Transfers (TT) or foreign currency cheque issuances where a service charge is typically imposed, there are no service charges imposed when you make payment via Multi-Currency e-Pay.
- Preferential Interest Rates
Enjoy preferential interest rates and fee waivers for your Maybank SGD, HKD and USD banking accounts. Click here for more details.
- Option to Set a Backup Account
Multi-Currency e-Pay allows you to set a secondary account as a backup to your primary account for the deduction of share payments, should your primary account have insufficient funds. This will thus prevent the force selling of shares due to non-payment.
|Benefits||Multi-Currency e-Pay||EPS||GIRO||Other Methods|
|Convenience||- One platform to trade and pay; integrated into KE Trade Online
- Select the contracts you wish to pay for
|- Have to visit another website and log into your iBanking account to pay
- Select the contracts you wish to pay for or choose to make a lump sum payment for all outstanding contracts
- Cannot select when you wish to pay. Payments are automatically deducted from your account
|- Trip to broker or ATM required|
|Multi-Currency Support||- SGD, USD, HKD
- Eliminates the need for foreign currency conversion which may otherwise impact yield
|SGD Only||SGD Only||Non-SGD payments can be made by cheque or TT|
|Faster Crediting||Credited on Due||Processed on Due||Processed on Due||Cheque issued on due date|
|Backup Option for Payment||
- Ability to set a secondary account
- Should there be insufficient funds in the primary account, the secondary account will be drawn upon. This will prevent the force selling of shares due to non-payment
|No option for secondary account||No option for secondary account||No option for secondary account|
|Fees||No Fees||No Fees||No Fees||Fees typically imposed for cheque or TT|
Existing Maybank Kim Eng Clients
- Step 1: Sign up for a Maybank account
- Step 2: Link it to your KE Trade account
Complete both steps by downloading this form and filling in sections A, C and D.
Existing Maybank Kim Eng Clients with Maybank Accounts
- Download this form and fill in sections A, B and D to link your accounts
Not a Maybank Kim Eng Client?
- Click here to sign up for a KE Trade account.